Monday, June 21, 2010

The Night B4/Morning Of...Kila's Saudi Adventure

So, it's 1:44am the night before or morning of my trip to Saudi. I am supposed to be finishing off my final assessment for Bible College however I am 'Queen Procrastinator' so I conveniently found something else to do. Plus I have a 14hr plane ride to do it.

Firstly, let's answer the question "Why Saudi Arabia?"
It's simple really. My parents currently live there and they decided to fly me over for my birthday. Woohoo! I'm pumped.
I have never been to another country besides the 2 I've lived in...first and most importantly New Zealand and second my current home Australia.

I've been reading my mums blog (http://nzpounamu.blogspot.com/) and I have a small idea of what is in store for me over there. I'm keen to expand my horizons and experience something different...much different!!
I have been informed by my mother that I am not to take more than 1 Bible with me and it must be a small Bible otherwise they will think I am going over to preach and they will arrest me.
My first reaction...How exciting!! Then the thought process kicked in and I realised...not so exciting!!

12 hours to go before I board my Townsville to Brisbane flight...then off to Dubai where i will meet my mum and stay for a couple of days. I'll also catch up with the Stipis girls from Calvary. They are probably on their flight over there right now.
I arrive in Dubai just after 5am and so far the plan is to do a bus tour on the first day to look around and pick what we want to see then the next day go see it. I think a tall building is on the list and the man-made skiing thing. Don't really know what either of them are but I'll be able to 'show n tell' in a couple of days.

Anyway, i must be tired cause it took me half an hour to write that. Haha!
Off to bed so I can be fresh to pack and begin my adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment