Thursday, June 24, 2010

From Dubai to Riyadh

So today was our last day in Dubai.

This morning mum n I went to DIFC (Dubai International Finance Centre) which is the place where dad works when he comes to Dubai, their head office is here. We walked there, it's about 10-15mins walk from Novotel. Man it is so hot here. I was in jeans and a top cause we were going to Riyadh later and the abaya I had to wear does not button up all the way down so it tends to fly open. I definately don't recommend walking in hot clothes.


There are heaps of restaurants @ the DIFC. We had Sushi train...was mums first time ever having sushi train. Was fun. I tried raw salmon and tuna. I have tried it before and didn't like it that much but thought I would try again...still don't like it! :) I also tried eel - Yuck! I think the thought makes it worse, the taste wasn't horrible but I didn't like it.





We left for Riyadh in the arvo so I had to put an abaya on. I borrowed one of mums n it was a bit big so we are gonna buy me my own. They are ok. I actually don't mind wearing it. At least you don't have to think about what you are wearing or what your hair looks like.

Riyadh is also hot. Apparently it gets to 50 degrees here. One guy said the top the other day was 60. Woah!


Had a look around the compound, it's nice. In the picture I am standing at our front door. That is what is just outside. A water feature and tennis court and just past that there is a kids playground then a pool, a cafe, a lounge and a squash court.

Checked out Jazeera Shopping Centre just up the road which is like a supermarket and KMart all in one. The pez local shop.
Oh, by the way the plugs are different here so we bought an adaptor...yay!

Then we just chilled out by the pool all night.
Tomorrow we will probably just relax n come up with a list of stuff to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment