Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Angry Camel



Today mum n I went to her gym and did pilates then spin class. We went with her friend Yasmin, she's cool. The gym is very nice. It should be considering the cost to join. On special it costs about $350 per month.




After that we went out and about with Mr. Noor. That's dad's taxi driver. He took us half an hour out of town to the camel markets.
We got out of the car to look at the camels when this man came by riding on one and asked if we wanted to ride. Mum n I can't speak Arabic so Mr. Noor did all the wheeling and dealing for us.



We said yes and he sat the camel down when it started making angry noises on the way down and opening it's mouth like it was going to bite us!!
Then the man went to get off and the camel started kicking around and making angry noises again. The camel man almost tripped over. By this time I was freaked out by the camel. I didn't want to ride after seeing that. It was some random man with a random angry camel...not exactly a controlled environment.
Anyway, I decided to get a photo sitting on the camel (above left). Mum did too...she was also brave enough to allow the camel to stand with her on (left). Mr. Noor said the camel was making noise because the ground was too hot for it. I don't blame it for being angry then...it is very hot!!



Then we went to where they sell camel milk. We pulled over to one of the 10-15 men on the side of the road and Mr. Noor organised for us to try some fresh camel milk. They offered for us to milk the camel too but mum n I were both too chicken. I was really annoyed at myself afterwards cause I wanted to ride the camel and milk it. I will have to go back. I hate saying no to new, exciting things. Argh!





Anyway, it just tastes like normal milk. Kinda freaked me out cause it was so frothy...as you can see. I had a few sips then they bagged the rest up for us.
That was lots of fun. That's Mr. Noor holding the frothy milk :)








If anyone ever comes to Riyadh you will have to call Mr. Noor and ask him to take you on his "Camel Excursion". That's what we called it. He doesn't normally do that sort of thing but he likes mum n dad. He gets married in November in Pakistan and invited them.







Then we went to Localizer. A mall close to home and had a coffee and brief look around. Will have to go back and do some shopping. Woohoo!

Tonight we are going to AIC (Arab Investments Compund) to play tennis. That's another compound, bigger than ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment